Acne scars are cause by what?
Acne scars are caused by acne. Which is inflammation or clogging of pores under the skin. especially Moderate to severe inflammatory acne. The greater the risk of acne scarring after the acne is gone.
Types of acne can categorized according to their severity:
- mild, whiteheads, blackheads
- Moderate severity, red acne, pustules
- Very severe, deep acne, cyst
In addition, squeezing or pressing pimples can also increase the chances of acne scarring.
Characteristics of acne scars
Acne scars that occur may look different. There are 2 main types of acne scars:
common acne scars
Most appear as red or brown spots. These are superficial acne scars and tend to gradually fade away over several months. It may not require treatment.
deep acne scars
Patients may need treatment or advice from a doctor. For the treatment of this type of acne scars Because the resulting traces may be damage at the deeper skin level. Which is difficult to treat with conventional methods The doctor may need to consider appropriate methods or procedures. By type of deep hole acne scars as follows
- Rolling Scars are pitted spots on the skin. or a shallow acne hole
- Ice-pick Scars are deep acne scars.
- Atrophic Scars are sinkholes. But the notch is flat and thin.
- Boxcar Scars are large, wide holes. and have clear holes
- Hypertrophic or Keloid Scars are raised scars on the skin.
Acne scars can cure or not?
Deep acne scars that occur cannot be cured completely But those acne scars will become thinner over time. General acne scars can be cured. Or that acne will gradually fade away until it disappears over time. People with acne scars can take care of the skin around the acne scars. to mitigate the severity of that Roy Or may use cosmetics and products to cover up traces such as foundation cream that matches the skin color in that area. Helps conceal scars caused by acne
Treatment and removal of acne scars
Acne scar treatment also depends on the type and severity of the scar. You can take better care of your acne scars by yourself. By taking medication or following directions as advised by your doctor or pharmacist. or in some cases You may need help from your doctor or dermatologist. This will able to give advice and plan the appropriate treatment in the future.
Methods for treating and removing include:
Skin cream containing cortisone (Cortisone)
Using a cortisone cream is best. That are red spots. or swelling The cortisone will help reduce inflammation of the skin. Makes the redness of the skin fade away. and in that area collapsed Although cortisone cream can be purchased over-the-counter. It can purchase at most pharmacies. But patients should always consult a pharmacist about methods and procedures for use first.
products with skin care ingredients
Substances that may be tried to fade include:
- Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid is an important antioxidant for the body. helps in anti-inflammatory Reduce dark spots from acne. Contributes to the creation of collagen Help the wound heal quickly.
- Arbutin (Arbutin) and Kojic Acid (Kojic Acid) Both of these substances have properties to inhibit the production of melanin. Helps to fade dark spots.
- Ceramide is a type of fatty acid that the body naturally produces. Which acts as a shield to protect the skin Maintain skin moisture and helps to keep skin healthy But some people have less ceramides in their skin. making the skin so weak that it is prone to acne Nowadays, there are skin care products that contain synthetic ceramides. When used regularly, it may help strengthen the skin and may reduce the occurrence of acne. Including the chance of acne scars following after the acne has disappeared. In addition, the properties of ceramides can help reduce dryness and irritation caused by acne treatment.
- Niacinamide, also known as vitamin B3 or niacin, is another substance your doctor may use to treat and reduce. Because it has anti-inflammatory properties, reduces redness and adds moisture to the skin. This is good for treating acne and reducing dry skin. When using niacinamide to treat and reduce, skin care products should be selected with a concentration of 4 percent, a concentration that has been studied to be effective and suitable for treating acne.
However, each person’s skin may react differently. to reduce the risk of allergic reactions and prevent more severe symptoms Should test for allergies or consult a dermatologist before use.
In some patients, the doctor will inject filler to fill. That look like dimples. To make that deep grooves more shallow Make the skin look smooth and blend with the nearby skin. But patients often have to get filler injections every 4-6 months because the filler will be completely absorbed by the skin over time.
It is a method for treating. especially the type of embossed scar The doctor will inject corticosteroids such as Triamcinolone Acetonide under the skin in the area to be treated.
skin laser It is a method where the doctor will use a device to shoot a laser beam on the skin around. This removes the damaged epidermis after acne. and stimulate new skin cells in the middle layer so that the skin in that area looks smooth and consistent And after laser treatment, it may take several days for the skin to fully recover.
In this method, the doctor will use a reciprocating tool to scrub the acne-prone skin. In order for the deeper layers of skin to shed new skin cells to replace the limited cells. Will disappear While new skin cells will help smooth the original more evenly with the nearby skin. But it may take several weeks for the skin to fully recover.
The doctor will use a device which is a small needle to poke into the skin around the acne that needs treatment several times to create many small holes on the skin. It stimulates the production of collagen and elastin in the skin layer adjacent to the epidermis. Helps reduce cause. and make the skin in those areas look firmer and smoother
The doctor will use a low-temperature spray of liquid nitrogen or carbon dioxide to the area to be treated for a short period of time to kill the skin cells around the scar. and create new, better cells to replace them
Acne scar treatment surgery
The doctor may perform a surgical procedure to remove the damaged tissue around the acne scar. Then take good tissue from other parts of the skin to close the area instead (Punch Grafting) in cases with deep pitted. or may perform cosmetic surgery to correct scars in cases with large raised scars